CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE INFORMATION
CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE PROCESSING INFORMATION:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- From 8:00am to 3:30pm
- By walk-in only (you do not need an appointment)
- At the Champaign County Courthouse at 200 North Main St., Urbana
- The Champaign County Sheriff’s Office will only accept applications for original or renewal licenses for people residing in the following counties: Champaign, Clark, Logan, Madison, Miami, Shelby, and Union.
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- Your current driver's license
- A completed application, which you may get in our office or online HERE.
- You do not need to provide a photo on your application; we take your photo and your fingerprints when you are here.
- A copy of your completed firearms training certificate (this certificate is not required for a renewal license.)
FEE SCHEDULE (Effective April 1, 2022)
- We accept the following payment methods - credit cards, debit cards, certified checks, or money orders in the exact amount owed, payable to CCSO.
- If you are an active or an honorably discharged member of the military with a DD214, there is no cost for an orginial or renewal license.
- Original license fee: $67.00 (plus $10.00 if you have lived outside the State of Ohio within the last 5 years).
- Renewal license fee: $50.00 (plus $10.00 if you have lived outside the State of Ohio within the last 5 years)
- Replacement license fee: $15.00 (bring your driver’s license with you)
- Temporary emergency license fee: $42.00